Sunday 20 March 2016

Talk Bookish With ...... Joana! (4)

Hi everyone =) I am Joana and I am from Luxembourg. I am originally from Portugal, so I currently have double citizenship in those two countries. I recently graduated with a Bachelor in Communication, which I received in the United States. Upon graduating, I returned to Europe and I am currently working as a Database Editor, but will soon be switching jobs =)
A big part of my life centres on books. I love to read and try to make that a priority (as much as it is possible). I also have a BookTube channel and a Bookstagram account, which I am focusing the most attention on at the moment. Reading is so important to me and I decided to create these two main social media channels to talk about books and the things that I love most.
When I am not reading, I am spending time with friends, family and, most importantly, my husband. We love to watch TV series and movies together, but we also love to travel (when the money allows it). Some of our favourite shows are Arrow, The Flash, Legends of Tomorrow, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Shannara Chronicles and Game of Thrones.


If you have ever seen Gilmore Girls, then you can have a glimpse at the relationship that I have with my mother. We are the European version of Lorelai and Rory, and my mother is also the person who made me the booklover that I am today.

Questions:
1.      What is or are your all time favourite book(s)?
This is a tough question for a book lover, but I think there are some books that are near and dear to my heart and will stay that way for a very long time.
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is a book that I have been considering as my “favorite book” for 2 years now. I love WW2 novels, whether they are fiction or not, and this book is simply stunning. I love that it is narrated by death and I love the emotions it evokes and the tone of the story. It is simply stunning.
Another one of my favorite books (and series, even though I have yet to complete it) is The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. I fell in love with the characters, the world, Sanderson’s writing and how daring he can be. He creates these huge worlds and something that is completely and utterly his own, and there are not many authors who can do that successfully.
Some of my other favorite series and books are (I predominantly read fantasy and historical fiction): The Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas, The Falling Kingdom series by Morgan Rhodes, The Remnant Chronicles by Mary E. Pearson, The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater, The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton, An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir (and so many more).

2. Who is your favorite author and why?
I think that Sarah J. Maas, Morgan Rhodes, Mary E. Pearson and Brandon Sanderson are a safe bet. I love everything I have read by those authors so far and they have become “auto-reads” for me.

3. Do you have any signed books?
Sadly, I don’t =( Not many authors come to Luxembourg xD

4. What’s your favourite reading spot?
I used to read on my bed, but now I love to read on our couch. It is comfortable enough to stay there for hours, but not as comfy as a bed, which slowly lulls you into a tight sleep.



5. Show us your bookshelf or bookcase!
Most of my childhood books are stored away, but these are the books that I currently have on my shelves! I am in the process of rearranging them though haha.



6. What are your favourite book blogs?
I don’t read many book blogs, but I am more into Bookstagram accounts and BookTubers. I do read some blogs every once in a while, but it is rare. Some of my favorite BookTube channels are Thoughts on Tomes, Peruse Project, Riley Marie, Elisabeth Paige, and WellDoneBooks. There are others, but those are my auto-watch a well =)

So that, is me =) If you want a new bookish friend, you can either follow me on Instagram (myreadingspace) or on YouTube (Joana Sousa). I love discussing books and other random life things =)

Thank you so much Claire for  this interview =) =) =)

Joana

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! We have so many similar favourite books!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for commenting! :D

    X Claire

    ReplyDelete