Wednesday 17 February 2016

Review: The princess diaries by Meg Cabot





Title/author: The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Originally published/ year published: June 2001 (2015 version by MacMillan Children's)
Genre: young adult, Romance, chick lit, Fiction, Contemporary
How I got this book: bought
Why I read this book: my all time favorite children's movie! :)
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Mia Thermopolis is pretty sure there's nothing worse than being a five-foot-nine, flat-chested freshman who also happens to be flunking Algebra.
Is she ever in for a suprise...
First mom announces she's dating Mia's Algebra teacher. Then Dad has to go and reveal that he is the crown prince of a country called Genovia. And guess who still doesn't have a date for the cultural diversity dance?


Review
As a child I always loved the 2 princess diaries films. Anne Hathaway looked so pretty in them. Who doesn't want to be a princess when they're little right? I think I watched the 2 films over a hundred times each haha.

now, around 12 years later I finally read the 1st book in the book series called 'the princess diaries'. the 1st thing I noticed is that the films are completely different than the books! They made so many changes, but that didn't made me enjoy the book less. differences with the 1st film: Mia's dad is actually still alive in the book and he's the one who tells her she's a princess & Carice (her grandmother) actually is very rude and smokes a lot haha!

Basically this book is about this girl called Mia, who is being told she is the princess of a country in Europe called 'Genovia'. Because her dad can't have any more heirs to the throne she'll have to take the duty on her. Her grandmother comes to New York to give her princess lessons and Mia doesn't enjoy it at all! at some moment the press discovers there's living a princess in New York and they seek her up! also she has her 2 friends Tina and Lilly helping her with it. And oh boy, who does she likes best? Josh or Michael? .......

I looooved this book a lot! Really a lot! It made me all think of the days back when I was a small child. I could imagine all the things in the book and it really was a fun read. Mia was witty and funny but also smart and clever. She clearly has her own mind on things which give her personality a lot of credit.

The book I own in the new MacMillan editions and they are so great to have in your bag. They don't weigh much. However there's also a downside, the book is quite fragile and gets beaten up quickly in a bag. But the new editions overall have a great new look!

The book I gave 5 out of 5 stars. I just loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment