Sunday 24 January 2016

Talk Bookish with ...... Helene! (3)

Hello everyone,


My name is Helene, I’m 28 years old, and I have a BookTube channel which goes under the name ‘Helene Jeppesen’. I live in Denmark (near Copenhagen), and obviously I love books. I’ve had my YouTube channel for over 2 years now, and what I love the most about it is that it allows for me to spread my love for books as well as connect with other people who love books as well. Sometimes, when you read a book, it’s hard to find ‘real life’ people who’ve read the same book and want to discuss it with you, but with BookTube, that’s very easy!
Anyway, here follows some information on me in case you’re interested J I have a full-time job as a high school teacher in French and English, and I’ve been teaching high school students for 3 ½ years now. I love my job, and I love working with teenager who develop very quickly during the three years I get to work with them.
When I’m not at work, I obviously love to read. I can’t think of a better way to relax after a long and sometimes stressful day. I have started watching quite a lot of tv shows as well (they’re very addicting!), so my spare time basically alternates between books and tv.
I also love spending time with my family and friends – especially during the weekends. I love going to cafés, restaurants and to the cinema. All in all, I think I’m a pretty normal person when it comes to free time activities – I just read more books than most people would probably say is normal J

Questions:
1. What is or are your all time favourite book(s)?
That is always the hardest question to ask a book lover. I do have some favourite books, and I think they alternate very much in genre. My favourite classic, for instance, is “Jane Eyre” by Charlotte Brontë. I reread that one recently and fell in love all over again with its honesty and its journey it takes you on. I obviously also love all of the Harry Potter books which I grew up with and which absolutely helped developing my love for books. “The Horse Bronzeman” by Paullina Simons is another favourite of mine – that one depicts a romance in Russia during the Second World War. “White Oleander” by Janet Fitch is a must-read, and last but not least I do have a favourite fantasy series, even though I don’t read a lot in that genre, and that is “The Kingkiller Chronicle” series by Patrick Rothfuss.
All of the above mentioned books are very close to my heart, and I definitely recommend that you check them out.

2. Who is your favorite author and why?
So this has got to be the second hardest question to ask a book lover ;) I love Haruki Murakami and J. K. Rowling, whose books are extremely different from each other. John Irving writes hugely intriguing stories, and the same goes for the Brontë sisters.

3. Do you have any signed books? 
I used to have a handful of signed YA books from a book convention I went to in London in Summer 2014. However, I recently decided to give them to charity because I wasn’t interested in those books anymore and I needed the bookshelf space for other books (I know, it seems pretty stupid). BUT I do have a signed copy of “Fangirl” by Rainbow Rowell which I treasure a lot.

4. What’s your favourite reading spot?
My favourite places to read are my couch and my bed. I always read with a blanket on top of me, my cat Zeus next to me and a cup of café latte near me.

5. Show us your bookshelves or bookcase!



6. What are your favourite book blogs?
I must admit that I predominantly get my bookish inspiration from booktube videos on YouTube. I would like to follow more blogs, but I think that doing both would take up too much of my time (and I need that time to read!). BUT I do have to Danish blogs that I often check out because they have very inspiring book reviews and photos – they are:
 Reading books means that you are never alone! (I think I got that quote from somewhere, and it’s stuck to my mind ever since).
Thank you for the post Claire!

Happy Reading!

XO Helene


No comments:

Post a Comment