Wednesday 18 November 2015

Review: Waiting for winter by Sebastian Meschenmoser



Title/author: waiting for winter by Sebastian Meschenmoser
Originally published/ year published: 2007 by Hoogland & Van Klaveren
Genre: childrens picture book
How I got this book: library
Why I read this book: I just love winter and had to read picture books for school
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

squirrel has never seen it snow, and this year he is determined to not miss it! he wants his friends, hedgehog and bear, to see it snow too, but it's hard to stay awake. Finally winter arrives, and snow is falling... or is it?


Review:
I so love this book. It's amazingly written and perfect for kids age 3/4/5. When I read this I was really excited, because animals and winter give me the ultimate magical perfect feeling. 
First squirrel finds his friend, hedgehog. and together they'll watch the sky for the moment the first snowflake falls, but this doesn't happen. They almost fall asleep, when suddenly their friend, bear, comes! they decide to wait for winter, with the 3 of them. in the end they almost fall asleep again but then bear suddenly feels something on his nose. it's the 1st snowflake of the  year!

The pictures in this book are so pretty. You almost feel like walking in the forest yourself. the animals are really cute and the story is so appealing to kids. If I had children I definitely would have read this as their bedtime story in winter!

I give the book 5 out of 5 stars!




No comments:

Post a Comment